Collapsed gall bladder, mild fatty accumulation in liver, Right para-pelvic cyst with focal calcification, surgery required ?

Hi: I have been diagnosed with a collapsed gallbladder . PFB the results of a CTC I conducted last week: Liver shows mild fatty accumulation. Spleen , pancreas , intra & extra hepatic bile ducts are unremarkable. Both adrenals are unremarkable. Mild bilateral-perinephric fat stranding is noticed. There is a para-pelvic cyst on the right side in the mid to lower pole region measuring 2.3cm. in size with focal calcification in it.Further evaluation is limited due to lack of IV contrast.No hydronephrposis or calculi. Visualized proximal ureters and non-dilated. There is no free fluid in the upper abdomen. Technique: Non contrast CT of upper abdomen was performed from the dome to the level of iliac crest. Impression: Right para-pelvic cyst with focal calcification. Evaluation is limited due to lack of IV contrast. Mild fatty Liver. I would like to know what could be the probable causes of a collapsed gallbladder. Can it be revived? If yes, by what methods? If not, will I need to get it surgically removed? How will it impact my health? I am 62 years old male.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Mar 2012