Cold with sore throat, cough, slight voice loss, head and ear pain post alcohol consumption. Is it safe to take paracetamol?

Hey, I currently have a cold with sore throat , cough , a bit of voice loss, headache and earache which the doctor said is just a virus. anyway, last night was a very big occasion and I had some alcohol, maybe 8/9 standard drinks over a 5 hour period (I weigh 54kg). last night I woke with severe pain in my ears but didn t take any paracetamol as I had been drinking. it is now the morning, 12 hours after I stopped drinking, and I have very bad sore throat and headache which I need paracetamol for. I ve read it can be dangerous to take paracetamol in accordance with alcohol and have freaked myself out into not wanting to take any even though I really should. would it be safe for me to take 1000mg paracetamol? and what about 400mg of ibuprofen? would I have to eat first before taking the ibuprofen? if you could help that would be great, thanks
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012