Cold weather, numbness in face, ears, swelling in right ear, helix filled with fluid. Serious condition?

I went outside when it was really cold , and when I came back in, I had no feeling in my face or ears. After a while the feeling returned, and what was swelled had reduced. However, my right ear s swelling didn t go down. I figured I d give it some time, and went to bed. In the morning I woke up and the swelling had stayed, and it looked as though something on my helix had popped. I checked it out in a mirror and discovered that my helix was filled with a clear fluid. Is that a serious problem?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
That could be chill blains ie due to cold exposure you have developed vesicle ie fluid filled swelling over the pinna.
You must get it examined and punctured by ENT specialist and take adequate antibiotics.
As pinna swelling and infections are very difficult to treat in addition the condition itself is very painful.
you may also need anti inflammatory medicines and daily dressing .
Do take care while sleeping that the pinna is safe and does not get infected by the pillow cover or bedsheet