Cold sores post unprotected oral sex. When should one get tested for HSV1 and HSV2?

I had unprotected oral sex with a girl that had a cold sore today. Now my question is, how SOON should I get tested for the HSV1 and 2? I am probably already positive for HSV 1 since I was a kid. But I don t think I ever had HSV 2 before and cold sores are caused by 1. Should I wait for the first S/S appear? What is the advantage of detecting it early? Should I get tested as soon as tomorrow? I know the incubation period is 3-7 days. That is one helluva week for me! Thanks in advance for your time!
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012