Cold sores on lips and mouth. Swollen gum between top teeth. Using mouthwash. Had strep throat. What to do?

I have recently had a lot happen 1) I caught strep throat 2) I am using a non-alcoholic mouthwash (I ve never really used mouthwash) Now I also have cold sores on my lips and mouth and my concern is the gum in between my top two middle teeth are swollen, sore, and red. Do you think it s the mouthwash or the strep throat that s causing my gums to be sore? And if it s mouth wash should I stop it? If not what can I do?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012