Cold, sore throat, pain in the ear. Nasonex prescribed. Throat culture report normal. Need further treatment?

Hi, I had a common cold last month along with a sore throat, but my cold has been gone for over 3 weeks. Now I have had pain in my left ear and a sore throat on the left side for about 1 month off and on. It is worse at night and the mornings. I was prescribed nasonex (2 sprays per nostril twice a day) and also told to use saline nasal spray (2 sprays x 4 times per day). My symptoms have not improved after using the medicines for over a week. My throat culture came back negative and my primary care doctor said he didnt see anything abnormal in my throat or ears except for a little redness and a small amount of fluid in my ear. What do I have and how is it treated?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012