Cold followed by coughing fits, earache, no relief with auralgan, persisting impaired hearing. Cause?

Hi There, I have had a cold for just over 3 weeks now (started off with with a fever, headache, sore throat and blocked sinus ) due to the coughing fits i had which were much worse in the evening and often carried on throughout the whole night, i developed an earache - i used auralgan ear drops and iburofen. at one stage i felt that i was getting better however the symtoms came back twice as bad and i can still not hear out my right ear?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012