Cold followed by URT infection, blood in cough and while blowing nose. How can I stop it?

I m a college student and have been sick for almost two weeks with what started as a cold then turned into an upper respiratory infection. I have been coughing up blood as well as blowing blood out of my nose . I am concerned at how much blood is coming out of my nose. I understand there are veins in my nose but this has been going on for almost a week. Am I doing something wrong? How do I stop this bleeding?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013