Cold, flu, coughing with phlegm, headaches, shortness of breath. Treatment options?

I am getting over a cold with flu like symptoms. I feel well ok its just that I cant stop coughing and when i cough.. I cough up phlegm and it makes my head hurt so badly, I have such a massive headache. I have also shortness of breath . What can I do to feel better.. I havent felt the same in about a week. I am a 29 year old black male. I do smoke. I haven t smoked since I have been sick. I have been drinking water, gatorade and orange juice.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012