Cold, fever, coughing bouts with phlegm, bleeding. Cause of worry?

Hi, I am in the midst of a terrible cold , with fever , so perhaps even the flu . I have occasional coughing bouts, which produce moderate amounts of phlegm . On two occasions, one today and one about five days ago, I have had scant blood, equivalent to about a drop in the phlegm. It is painful when coughing, and I do feel a lot of strain. I am wondering if the blood tinged that I have seen is something to worry about. Note, only two coughing bouts have I had a little blood. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013