Cold, feels sleepy, stressed, sore throat, heavy chest, tired, weak

Good evening. I d be very grateful if you could advise me. I m down with a cold . For the third time in a row. With around 1 week intervals. I feel exhausted. And I really mean it. I m only 30 and all I can do recently is sleep . I ve seen doctors about it but ive been sent home with nothing and my symptoms blamed on stress . It s always the same, sore thought, heavy chest , weakness/exhaustion. It seems like my immune system is not existing and the tiredness takes away my will to do anything apart from sleeping. Could it be something serious? And how could I do convince my GP to investigate it further? Thank u so much for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012