Cold feelin in cheek. what could cause this ?

every so often it feels like some one shoved ice up underneath my cheek bone what could cause this
Asked On : Sat, 14 Aug 2010
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Hi cyndi,
if you have intermittent cold feeling in chhek first rule out sensitivity of teeth due to erosion of enamel, secondly it may be due to trigeminal neuralgia if the pain is sporadic, spontaneous, unilateral and associated with tactile stimulation, consult dentist as well neurologist for further evaluation and management,
First rule out sinusitis. The infra-orbital nerve travels along the roof of the maxillary sinus and it's covering bone may be dehiscent or absent in 15% of the population. Have you had any dental treatment or root canal procedure? Do you have diabetes? There are other rarer causes.
ENT Specialist Dr. Sreenivas's  Response
hi Cyndi
probably you seem to be suffering from either an enamel loss of your teeth or trigeminal neuralgia (most common cause), though other rare causes can be ruled out by a more elobarate history