Cold, cough with dark brown mucous. Diagnosed tracheitis. Prescribed amoxicillin. Suggestions?

Hi, I ve had a bad cold for 5 days now, and today the general symptoms have begun to ease. However I still have no voice to speak of (no pun intended), and I have started to cough up almost solid fleshy dark brown mucus . I saw an on call GP who diagnosed tracheitis, and prescribed amoxicillin , but when I have looked this up online I can t see any mention of dark brown mucus in relation to tracheitis. Should I make an appointment to see my own GP, or should the mess prescribed shift whatever I ve got?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013