Cold, cough, sharp pain near belly button, stomach bruise. Treatment for symptoms?

I have been sick for several weeks with a cold and cough . The cough stayed on and I thought I bruised a rib or pulled a muscle from coughing so hard. Then last Saturday I out out 2 ribs and a vertabre and then did it again last Wednesday. After I got an adjustment the pain was reduced but I felt a sharp pain next to my belly button. Now it doesn t hurt but when I sneeze or cough I feel a poking in the spot. Today I woke up with a bruise on the left side of my stomach all the way around to near the belly button. Since then it looks way worse. What is it and what should I do?
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012