Cold, chest congestion, cough, sore throat, white dot on tonsils, swelling. Treatment options?

I currently have a cold with chest congestion and the coughing has caused my throat to become sore. I noticed a small white dot on my right tonsil and when I went to remove it with a Q-tip, the pressure caused yellowish pus to come out. Afterwards the tonsil didn t hurt anymore and was no longer swollen, however the left side still is and is not secreting pus. What can I do? I have tried gargling salt water.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013