Cold, breathing problems, vocal chord dysfunction, coughing fits. Taking prednisone. History of asthma. Cure?

On New Years I got a really bad cold and I have Asthma . I started on Prednisone (because of the Asthma) right away. I ended up in the E.R. 2 days later, because of breathing problems. I was sent home after a nebulizer with an antobiotic and cough syrup with codiene. I went to an Asthma speacilist to find out why I was having so many problems. He said besides Asthma, I have a vocal chord dysfunction and gave me breathing exercises. I have been doing O.K. for the last week, but this morning had a coughing fit that felt like something sharp in my throat. Can you help me with this? I am 54 yrs. old and a regular exerciser
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013