Cold and wheezing, asthmatic, collapsed. Causes and treatment?

Hi my daughter has a cold & was wheezing this morning (she is asthmatic & on preventer) i told how important it was to manage her asthma with the preventer because she has not been taking it. I went to work & got phone call from her & she was very distressed, she said that she got out of bed & collapsed and felt shaky. I phoned a neighbour & she went to her assistance. The neighbour said her heart rate was very fast. Not sure if ventolin can cause her to collapse? She also may have had to much ventolin.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013