Coccyx injured, relief with painkillers. Crunching sound heard. What could it be?

4 weeks ago I fell and injured my coccyx - I am still in a lot of pain but am controlling it with painkillers - however it still really hurts to sit right back and when I do I have recently started hearing a crunching sound and it feels as if something is popping - its really distressing me as I dont want to damage it further but my doctor wont xray me as she states that apart from manage the pain there is nothing they can do. What could this crunching sound be and should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012