Clots on tissue after passing stools. Having constipation. Had fissures previously. Solution?

Hi For a couple of months now I have been experiencing brown jelly like clots on the tissue when I wipe after having a bowel movement . I am otherwise well and have a healthy diet . I feel like I ve probably been ignoring it a bit but as it s most of the time I go to the toilet and it s not going away I should find out what it is. I have actually phoned the doctor and am waiting for a call back but just thought it might help to do some research as to what it could be. I should also add generally I do get quite constipated and had previous problems with fissures etc but I am currently quite regular.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013