Clots in the brain detected. Suffering from paralytic attack. Is the clot formation the starting stage of stroke? Need surgery?

my uncle is suffering from paralytic attack. small clot has also been found in his brain on the left part. half body has been paralysed.The infection in the brain has been controled. I want to know whether the clot will get big or not if yes in which conditions ? secondly whether the stroke comes first before the clot formation OR the clot formation is the starting stage of paralytic attack.? whether the clot can be cured by the medicines or the operation. for how many days can he be survived.?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012