Clot or a burst in vein a in palm, reddish and swollen, iced. Still tender, took Avonex. Reasons ?

It appeared that a vein in my palm got a clot of some sort or burst. There was no trauma to the hand. Suddenly I had pain. Only ice calmed the pain a little. There was redness and swelling then bluish purplish bruising . It went down somewhat the next day but still have a purple bruise and tenderness to the touch. I am 45 and have MS (mild). On Avonex but no other meds. Otherwise healthy and not overweight .
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013