Closure of ASD, open heart surgery recommended, any other alternative ?

This mail is regarding my wife s ASD closure. Local cardiologist is treating My wife, aged 53, since 2004 and opposing the closure of ASD, even now,looking to the specific tests conducted from time to time. Recently We are advised by XXXXXXXX Dr. to go for open heart surgery . Is there alternate method for closure,i.e., without open heart surgery with ASO or similar advance procedure. There are two different medicines are prescribed. Which medicines are OK with minimum side effects Please advice. Sincerely
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012