Clogged sinuses, cough, breathing problem, relief after hot shower. Taking advil claritin, mucinex. Healing period?

I have been sick for over 10 days now. I have a headache, no fever, clogged sinuses, cough and a hard time breathing while lying down. I can get relief by taking a hot shower which breaks up the clogging momentarily....but am finding it really hard to sleep. I have been taking Advil Claritin and mucinex to help but still feel horrible. How long should I wait to see if this is something worse than a cold.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013