Clogged feeling in right ear. Suggested Droxyl clav. Is it a fungal infection?

One month back I had a clogged feeling in my right ear. Went to an ENT specialist and he syringed it and copious quantities of Fungus (according to him) came out. The heaviness in the ear however continued though the discomfort eased substantially. Visited another ENT doctor and he prescribed Droxyl Clav 500 BD for 7 days. Do I need to take antacids with it and why is an antibacterial formulation given for a fungal infection? Thanks and regards.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012