Clogged ears, muffled hearing and ringing in the ear after having an ear infection. On antibiotics. Will the ringing go away?

I had an ear infection two and a half weeks ago. My family doctor prescribed an antibiotic for 10 days as well as a Medrol dose pack. He also had me to take pseudoephedrine . After finishing the antibiotic, my ear was still clogged, my hearing remains muffled, and I hear a loud ringing in the affected ear. My doctor checked my ear again and he could stilll see bloody fluid behind the eardrum and he was amazed that the eardrum had not ruptured. I am scheduled to see an ENT physician next week due to the continued clogged feeling in the ear and the loud ringing. Whenever I speak, it sounds as if I hear an echo and my voice sounds mechanical at times. Should this ringing in the ear go away in time?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013