Clitoris pain, irritated skin, purple bump. Is it ok to put mupirocin?

I finished my period one day ago. On Saturday, the third day of my period, I needed to release tension and masturbated by touching my clitoris several times. Now I have pain near the clitoris and especially in the two structures beneath the glams, especially on the left side. The skin looks irritated and there is a small purplish bump which might be a vein but I m not sure. But the area is painful and it has been four days. I m not sure if I cut myself, if it could be an infection, etc. I am scared because I can t get a docto s appt. for two weeks. Should I go to the emergency room? Is it OK to put antibiotics on the area (i.e. mupirocin)? No idea how to deal with this. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Your symptoms are likely to be due to mild infection or folliculitis in the area. Antibiotic ointment upirocin will help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Sexologist Dr. Ramesh Maheshwari's  Response
Do not worry put Antibiotic powder or apply cream and take Antibiotic for & seven days and follow your doctor.