Clicking sounds in neck when moving head. Stiff neck. Done stabilization surgery. Common to have sound?

I am experiencing clicking sounds in my neck with very subtle movement of my head. This has been going on for about a month. Today, my neck is very stiff and the clicks are more pronounced. I had anterior C 6-7 stabilization in Jan 2009. I have recently moved from Hawaii where I had the surgery so have not made a call to the neurosurgeon who performed the surgery. Is this clicking sound common? I did well post surgery until this recent change.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012