Clicking sound while swallowing saliva, can be heard by others. Reason for sound?

Hi , I`m a 23 year old lady, during the last couple years I have noticed that during swallowing my saliva I hear a clicking sound. I thought at the beginning that I`m the only one who hears this sound but I found out others can hear it as well and this problem has increased lately. I need to know the reason for this sound and if theres any possibility to stop it. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Jan 2013
Clicking sound during swallowing may be due to temporo-madibular joint (TMJ) pathology.
Do you have any past history of TM joint dislocation?
You should consult with ENT surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for x ray of TM joint.
Kindly stop performing clicking sound herself as this may cause damage in joint surfaces.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava