Clicking or popping jaw on opening the mouth wide, bad bite, no pain. Have complete set of teeth, no impacted tooth. What treatment is advisable?

Hi, I want to ask the problem about my jaw . My jaw is clicking/popping for almost 4 years now everytime I open my mouth wide. Though until now, I don t feel any pain or caused me troubles but it just pops. It s kind of irritating as it is not normal like any other people I knew. I consulted several dentists for their opinion but they had different insights/procedure to treat it. Some say I need to wear splints or mouth guard then wear ortho .. some say I need my 3rd molars to be removed. As I am confused with the procedures and worried about the assurance of the treatments , I still need guidance. By the way, I only have 2 third molars (not impacted and grew in the right alignment) located in the ends of my lower jaw. I never been extracted and my teeth are complete. I also have no impacted tooth and all grew in right direction but I have spaces in teeth but not so much far apart. Most of the dentist also said that I have a bad bite. Sometimes I find myself in the morning with a different/abnormal bite but get backs to normal as minutes passes. Please advise me what to do/follow. I really appreciate it. thank you
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012