Clicking knees, pain in knees, cramps in feet, sudden increase in height. Is this a problem?

hello I am 18, very immature for my age and over the last year I have shot up from 5:10 to almost 6:4 my knees are always clicking sometimes I feel a terrible pain from them. Whenever I walk up the stairs they keep clicking endlessly also I suffer from horrendous cramps fin my feet , what can I do and is this a problem?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Hello, As far as clicking is concerned there us nothing to be worried about. If you do not have any problem e crept sound then you can relax. If there is some pain also then you need to get a c ray to confirm if there is any thing wrong with your knee. Most probably it is cartilage softening due to exercise, so you need to take dicerin tablet and avoid cycling or squatting.