Clearing throat while eating

my son who is 9 seems to be having trouble with eating, every time he swallows a mouth ful he then has a slight cough to clear his throat, i don t know if its just a bad habit he has got into or if food/ mucus is maybe sticking.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Feb 2011
may be he is putting too much at a time in mouth and while swallowing in hurry getting chocked
just tell him to eat slowly and little at a time
excessive talk and laughing during eating can cause the problem also
if after this is taken care of if he develops the same problem consult paediatrician to rule out any clinical problem
hoping your kid soon be trouble free