Clear smelly slime on the groin area, makes skin reddish and stinging. What could it be?

Hello, I m a male , 59 years, caucasian I m having a problem with a clear and smelly slime that is on both sides of my crotch, If I bathe every day, it seems to stay away. but if I miss one day, it comes back. When present, it makes the skin turn red, and there can be a stinging sensation if left for too long. Any idea what this could be?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem
I am dr Gaurav patel ,dermatologist and will answer your query.
It look like you have intertrigo
It is very common in hot ,humid area that tends to rub
You need to keep area dry and clean
Triple combination cream will help you ,but you need to consult dermatologist first as there is chance of fungal infection also.
There is nothing to worry.
I hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further query.