Clear discharge with foul smell from belly button. Reddish sore lumps with sharp pain. No cysts or abscess in the ultrasound. Had vaginal thrush in the past

I have been getting for the last 4 years a clear discharge out my belly button it happens mostly when I get hot it s a smelly clear discharge. It all started when my innie belly button got red sore lumps in it I was getting sharpe pains to the area. Went to A&E and they did a ULtrasound and said I had no cysts or abscesses. I took a course of abx. It stopped the belly button hurting but the lumps remained (looked like scar tissue ) ever since I ve had bout of pain in it and it clears up by itself, but as soon as I get overly hot from walking housework I get this smelly clear discharge that sometimes itches. I also get bouts of vaginal thrush 2-3 times a year could this be linked?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

Yes, the itchy belly button with drainage and vaginal yeast infections are certainly related. Both represent infections with yeast. You can get treatment for both with oral diflucan, and your doctor also needs to check for underlying causes, such as diabetes. Putting you on antibiotics just makes the yeast infections worse actually!

I hope that this helps and good luck!