Citrobacter-Koser non sporing bacilli gram negative post toe amputation due to necrosis and peripheral vascular disease, on antibiotics. Chances of sepsis?

My husband had third toe amputated because of necrosis and peripheral vascular disease . After two weeks in hospital the surgery went well but he has Citrobacter Koser non sporing bacilli gram neg. He is having antibiotic and I am wondering what the dangers are of this bacilli spreading to blood stream. Is he in danger of sepsis? Thank you for your help. Gillian Budd
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012