Circulation problem, polio, infection in wound, pacemaker, not diabetic

Are circulation problems connected with a person who had polio in their leg? The individual is 90 years old, in a wheelchair and currently has three individual infections in a wound in between two toes in the leg with the polio. She was diaganosed with the polio when she was two years old. She is under dr care for the wound and has been on antibiotics off and on since December 2011? She noticed this morning that the treatment for the wound is significantly less painful (a new gel being paced on the wound). She has a pacemaker and it needs to be replaced, was scheduled for tomorrow morning but is now postponed until her toe is better. We were discussing circulation problems and the benefit for her to keep her leg elevated for a few days. Wondering if circulation problems for an individual may be similar to an individual with diabetes . She is not a diabetic
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012