Chron's infection, colitis during hormonal changes, relapse after child birth, on insertion of IUI, on taking birth control. Treatment?

Can an IUD have an impact on crohns/colitis? My daughter has had two terrible relapses - one at the time of her wedding when she began birth control and one relapse after the birth of her first child (a month after getting an IUD). She has now started another relapse after the birth of her second child (had an IUD inserted a month ago). She has been on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet for the remainder of the time and has otherwise been healthy. Relapse only seems to happen at times of hormonal change.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012