Chronic vitiligo, white patches on thumb, fingers, face, eyelids, upper lip. Prescribed protopic. Safe to use?

hi. I have had vitiligo for the past 5 years. It started as a small white patch on my thumb 5 years ago and now I see few more spots and patches on my fingers and also seeing few spots and patches on my face. I noticed a patch recently on my eyelid and upperlip it still looks very pale. I have been prescribed protopic 0.1%, is it safe to use. When I searched on the internet regarding protopic I read so many scary things like it could cause cancer. Can i use protopic? also how fast can i expect my vitiligo to spread?Pls tell me. I am scared.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012