Chronic, uncomfortable itchiness around genital area, rash around pubic mound with smell. Reasons ?

Hi there, I am currently experience chronic, uncomfortable itchyness around my genital area. It first started with that I thought was thrush, so I got an over-the counter medicine for that. But I found the creams releaved my itchyness only periodically and stung a little when applied. As this has kept going, I have developed a rash around my pubic mound - looks like a lot of pimples / ingrown hairs which have become more and more itchy as it grows. I also have noticed that the skin becomes flaky and peels off. I have a little more discharge than usual, but havent noticed an abnormal smell.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012