Chronic ulcerative colitis, on masalamine, folic acid, Mythyle Predinisolone, advised safety in long term use of steroids. Suggestion?

I am suffering from Ulcerative Colitis from last 13 years. I am 40 years of age as of now + weight 66 kg The affected area of disease if upto 40 cm of large colon . I have been taking steroids in the past to control the disease. Presently taking masalamine prolonged release tablets 1.2 gm X 03 Tablets a day + folic acid 5 mg + Mythyle Predinisolone Tablets 4 mg - 1 tab. alternate day. As per my gaestro, I have to use Steroids for a long time & a dose of 4 mg - Alternate day does not have any significant side effects and I can use it without any doubts. I look for a second opinion
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012