Chronic swelling in submental region, normal test results, no relief with antibiotics. What could be the cause?

Hi there. I am a 36 year old female. For the past approximately 5 years or so, I have been experiencing chronic swelling in the submental region. I have gone to see Doctors and also a ENT Specialist . I have gotten blood work, an ultrasound and a CT scan done for this purpose. All have come back normal . This swelling occurs every few months for about 3-4 days. I took anti biotics the first few times to treat this but the past few years I have been trying to fight it without antibiotics and the swelling would last about 3-4 days as well. The only thing I have not ruled out is dental problems. But if I had an infection in my teeth, gums or anywhere in my mouth, why would the swelling go away after 3-4 days without antibiotics? I m getting frustrated with this issue and very concerned that it could be something more. :(
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012