Chronic sore throat, ear ache, pain, had mono. Can it be cancer?

I have been sick for a month now with a chronic sore throat and ear ache. It is not mono or strep. My ears and throat were inflamed at my first doctors visit and she prescribed and antibiotic and Flonase.Neither helped and I just went back for a second visit this month and she says there is no viable signs indicating ear and throat ache. But I still can feel the pain. It switches sides daily and is worse in the morning and at night. I am worried I may have something more serious such as cancer. Previous to this infection I had mono. With only 2 week reprieve and now I am sick with this but was retested for mono and it is not that.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013