hello and welcome to health care magic,
I am Dr Sriram nathan and i will try to help you out with your problems.
I have performed more than two thousand adenoidectomy
and even I have seen remarkable improvement in my patients especially in terms of quality of life and nose block. Rarely though the symptoms recur, this can be due to many factors which you must evaluate:
1. At what age was adenoidectomy done and was the tonsils also removed?
2. Get a CT of the nose and sinuses
and also the nasopharynx
and get back to me or any ENT with the reports.
3. Is there any recent excessive weight gain? This is usually the commonest cause of recurrence of symptoms
4. Did you become complacent with her diet? this usually happens because the patients will be very careful before surgery and have a limited and restricted diet. The same is not followed after surgery which leads to recurrence of symptoms. You must realize that adenoidectomy is not a license to eat anything!
5. Does she have asthmatic symptoms? if yes then you must get her evaluated by a respiratory physician
hope this helps and hope you get back to me with the answers
Dr Sriram nathan