Chronic scalp issues, balding on the site of itching, burning on scratching the area, flakiness on scalp and face. Effective cure?

Hello Doctor, I m a 32-year-old male who has been experiencing extreme scalp issues for at least the past 5 years. My scalp constantly itches on the back of the head where men usually start to show baldness . The itch is actually confined to this area. Also, there has been significant hair loss. When I do scratch the area, it begins to burn painfully. I recently shaved my head to start seriously treating the issue beyond OTC shampoos, and I noticed this area is also very flaky and periodically develops blemishes. My face has also been quite flaky for the past 5 years. I have been to a few dermatologists who prescribed ketoconazole, steroids, OTC shampoos, glycolic acid - none of these have been effective. I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013