Chronic pericarditis, radiating pin, cant take NSAIDS due to colon problem, heart attack symptoms normal ?

My husband has had pericarditis for 2 and a half months now and has had every test, as far as I know, on his heart except for a CC. He has even had several tests on his colon because the pain radiates I suspect. I have several questions. Is there anything he can do to cause a backset of the pain? Because he might feel pretty good one day and really bad the next, as far as the pain and fatigue . How long will this last? He has not been able to take any meds for the condition, not even NSAIDS or steroids, because of his colon. Is he going to have good days and bad days until this goes away? He has been to ER 4 times and hospitalized twice. He has been going to his Dr. every week for the last 2 months, was working 4 hours a day, now trying to work 6 hours a day, but doesn t seem to be getting a lot better. He has also been to a cardiologist and gastroenterologist . He has to fight the urge to run to the ER because of the pain that feels like he is having a heart attack all of the time. Doctors keep telling him his heart is fine. Is this normal for pericarditis? Don t know a lot about this and don t think our doctors have seen much of it either.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012