Chronic pain since ACDF due to severe stenosis. Had discectomy. Taking morphine and percoset. Have depression. How is it possible to have stenosis after surgery?

I have had Chronic Pain for 2.5 years since a ACDF on C6.C7 due to severe stenosis in June 2010 and in July 2010 I had discectomy L5.S1. I never had pain before just little aches and weakness. I now take 30mg morphine 2xs per day and Percocets 2 10/325 tree times per day along with a long list of muscle relaxers, anxiety, and depression medication. I recently had an MRI which states most levels are unremarkable but my C6/C7 has moderate/severe stenosis and my C4/C5 same thing along with random osteothites (spelling). My question is if I have a fustion with Plate, screws, hardwar, how can I still have stenosis in the same location? Any suggestions other than surgery forthe other levels. Pain levels are at a constant 6/7 with medication and spike to9/10 at least once per week. Activity level is low and I do use a TENSE unit, PT one week, stretches, hot and cold therapy. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, how do you tell the difference between just bad genes and MS?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013