Chronic pain in the back between shoulder blades. x-ray and MRI normal. Could it be due to fibromyalgia or degenerative muscle tissue?

I have cronick pain in about the middle of the back in between the shoulder blades and when i move my right shoulder it grinds and pops feels like it s grinding into my spine and the pain at times is unbearable , seems worse when i try to sleep at night feels like my shoulders are like squeezing against my spine and grinding away and it hurts so bad. I have had physical therapy sonar grams xrays ct scans mri s and they all seem to be normal or so my dr s are telling They are baffled first they said could be thiber myalga then said could be degenerative muscle or tissue now they say famtom pain My wife and i are worried as this has been on going for 3 years and the pain seems to increasung and all i get from the dr s is want to fill me up with pain meds
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012