Chronic neck pain prominent at the back of neck, no relief on wearing cervical collar. How can I eliminate it permanently?

hello doctor. My name is Karandeep Singh (26 yrs old). I have been suffering from chronic neck pain in at the back side of my neck. This pain exist since February 2012. I have met one orthopedist during this period. He got my neck X-rayed and gave me some medicines. He did not find anything wrong with my x-ray. This pain has become severe in past one month. I am in Baleshwar, odisha right now. I have not consulted any orthopedist here since I dont know the place much. I met a general physician instead. He advised me to wear a Cervical collar and gave me one medicine. This collar seems not helping at all. i would feel comfortable in this for few hours but then sometimes I start having a severe burn-feeling in my neck. Although it is only my second day for this collar, but i am not relieved at all by wearing this.I wish to get rid of this pain as soon as possible. please help immediately!!! Given below are my details:- Name: Karandeep Singh Email: YYYY@YYYY Ph: 0000 Regards, Karandeep Singh
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012