Chronic neck pain, affects concentration, neck, head, shoulder muscles tightens and ripped, scratchy feel, headaches. Tried chiropractor, acupuncture, botox, gabapentin, lyrica tramadol. What might have triggered the pain, remedy?

I am a 29 year old male (5”11/15 stone ) and I have been suffering with chronic neck pain for the past 9 years and its just seems to be getting worse by the day no matter what I do. It is affecting every area of my life and to be honest has been for a long time now, the pain feels like it is an apart of me now and affects everything from my concentration to my mental well being. It all started from one night sleeping on the floor at a friend’s house after a night of drinking, I woke to a throbbing in my shoulder and has deteriorated over the years. At the time I was doing a lot of weight training and stupidly instead of letting it heal I carried on and am now paying the ultimate price. I am sure a lot of my Symptoms are a knock on affect from the original injury but here are some of them listed below. Symptoms; - Muscles around the neck area, back/side of head, shoulders (front and back) seems to be constantly tight and don’t loosen if I stretch or apply heat. They feel like they are ripped and I often get a scratchy feeling, like as if a label from my top was lose. - Stabbing pains in my neck - Headaches mainly at the sides and back - Feeling off tremendous pressure pushing my head down (Like as if I had a weight on top of my head) - Neck always feels really weak and I find it very difficult to hold my head at certain angles, also I am often using my hand to help support my head. - I am constantly pulling my head in strange directions to deal with the pain - Crushing pain on my temples and Jaw ache (difficult to explain but similar to when you have too much sugar) Treatments I have tried; - Massage (I have tried this a few times over the years to no prevail, but not continuously for a certain period) - Chiropractor - Sports Therapy - Acupuncture - Botox injections in my back - Trigger Point injections around my neck and shoulders (quite recent) - Tens machine Medication I have tried; - Gabapentin (Nerve) - Lyrica (Nerve) - co codamol (Pain relief) - tramadol (Pain relief) - caspian pepper muscle rub - Dicolenfic and many other anti inflammatory Summary; None of the treatments or medication that I have tried has offered any relief and I am now getting desperate as it is ruining my life and really getting me down, I have no idea where to start as everything just seems to be a dead end. One thing I am not sure on is whether it was that night where I caused the injury or if there was already something wrong and that triggered it, I have had some blood tests and all seem to be ok. I have also had 2 MRI’s which have both shown everything to be in order. If anybody can offer some advice on treatments or pain relief I would be very grateful. Many Thanks Matt
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012