Chronic migraines with nausea, increased sensitivity to light, smells, sounds resulting in low concentration. What could this be?

Dear Doctor. I have been suffering by migraines for a few years now and it s getting worse. Nowadays my migraine lasts for 2-3 days and the piankillers don t work so I am getting a bit worried. Should i go to see a doctor? If I have migraine I feel nauseous, I am very sensitive to light , sounds and smells. The pain is very strong sometimes and it s on one side of my head. I cannot concentrate or do anything if i have migraine. I am only 24 years old. In the last 3 weeks i had migraine every week and it usually lasted for 2-3 days. Usually I get better on the 3rd day. I am getting worried. Is it normal? I read on the internet that this kind of migraine can be Status Migrainosus and that can cause stroke . Is that possible? Thank you very much for your help. Looking forward to your answer. Regards, Adriana
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012