Chronic migraine, had projectile vomiting as an infant, have frequent headaches, occasional migraine. Brain tumor ruled out, advised depression medicines. Suggestive treatment?

I was diagnosed with migraines when I was 6 years old but have had them since I was born. I am told that when I was an infant it was every other day or so that I would projectile vomit, etc. I continued to have the symptoms/headaches (when i was older) at least once a week until about the time that I was 6 or so. As I grew they became less frequent spacing to about once a month in middle school, then about every 6 months in high school. I have been in college for the last 6 years since I graduated high school making me 24 years old. I thought I was doing a lot better but over the last 3 years or so they have become much more frequent. I am scared by my headaches because the medications I have tried for them (such as Imitrex ) never really made any difference and they feel different than how I have heard other people describe migraines though they seem close to textbook definitions. I know many of these symptoms are classic but here are my main characteristics: I have an aura before they happen when can be even hours in advance, I tend more commonly have them in the evenings, I have very sensitive to light and noise, I can always hear and feel my pulse in my forehead , the pain is more generalized then isolated to a specific spot, I am nauseous and will repeatedly vomit; if I try to have anything that day including sucking on an ice cube it will usually trigger the vomiting again. When I was about 6 years old my mom tried everything but nothing that she could find helped; I was also tested to see if I was actually having seizures rather than headaches. My mother told me that they said the EEG was not normal but that I was not having seizures. These last couple of years I have been getting many frequent headaches, but I still only get a migraine every few months. I also have a sensation similar to that of being dizzy when you stand up to fast at random times that do not make sense and frequently see stars. I had a spell in 2009 that was bad enough that I went to the emergency room for it, they gave me an saline (?) IV and did a CT scan of my brain to check for a tumor , the screen came back clean and my final diagnosis was symptoms are unexplainable; patient denies drug use. They did test which all came back clean and I do not do drugs so I am unsure why this was the final statement. I have talked to many doctors but never been referred to a specialist or a neurologist or anything. Since I don t currently have insurance ( I am working toward being able to purchase) I was wondering if you may have any suggestions of who to talk to next rather than paying for a visit to be referred somewhere else or be told the same thing I have been told for so many years usually being to deal with it or try other migraine meds. I was once recommending being put on a depression medication to control the headaches but have not tried this as this recommendation was given when I was doing well and it seemed like a lot of potential drug side affects for an unsure outcome.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012